03. June 2015 Tips & Tricks 0
Connecting 31Posts to a Tumblr account
1. Log into Tumblr,
- using the account you want to allow 31posts integration.
2. Register your site as an application on Tumblr application registration page
The new 31posts application will be showing, and Application Keys will be generated
- OAuth consumer key:
- OAuth consumer secret:
Now Click on Explore API, then click on Allow, and you will see the rest of the keys needed:
- Token Secret
3. If not already done, in a New Window, login to your 31Posts instance as an administrator.
- Go to Admin Tools, select Channel Table Maintenance
- Select Add a new channel, and for each field enter information as follows:
ID Auto field. no need to enter anything Name Enter a short descriptive name for the channel: ie: Tumblr( YourBlogname ) Description: Enter a longer description of the channel Channel API Select Tumblr Channel View Link URL for your Tumblr Blog: ie: https://yourblog.tumblr.com Active Yes Comments Open Optional data field
4. Now enter the Tumblr keys above into 31posts channel; setup:
- Copy Tumblr’s consumer_key to the Consumerkey field in 31Posts
- Copy Tumblr’s consumer_secret to the Secretkey field in 31Posts
- Copy Tumblr’s token to the Access token field in 31Posts
- Copy Tumblr’s token_secret to the Access token secret field in 31Posts
- Click on SAVE
You have now setup your Tumblr channel!